Economic development resources in the region
Municipal economic development agents
Chambers of Commerce
- Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD). DECD is the state’s lead agency on economic, community, and housing development. They administer a number of grant and loan programs, as well as promote business development and job growth.
- SCORE Chapters. SCORE is a network of organizations that provide mentoring to prospective and current business owners. They connect veteran business managers with entrepreneurs to provide valuable insight on running a business.
- CT Works. CTWorks One Stop Career Centers are located throughout the state, offering resources ranging from employment workshops and resume assistance for job seekers to recruitment services and tax credit programs for employers. Centers also provide Labor Market Information, an electronic job bank and specialized veterans’ services.
- Connecticut Innovations. Connecticut Innovations provides strategic capital and operational insight to push the frontiers of high-tech industries such as energy, biotechnology, information technology, and photonics.
- Central Connecticut State University – Institute of Technology and Business Development. The Institute of Technology and Business Development at CCSU runs a diverse array of business support services. They help business improve processes, train employees, and grow their businesses. ITBD also runs a business incubator, where entrepreneurs can find inexpensive space to start a new business.
- Connecticut Economic Resource Center (CERC). CERC is a non-profit corporation that provides research, assistance, and services to both businesses and municipalities. They host DataFinder, an online demographic and economic data tool, and SiteFinder, an online site selection tool.